Over 2003-2008, I recorded a bibliography of sustainable transportation and urban planning articles and reports that interest me. It’s definitely got out of hand in recent years, as it ballooned past a few thousand entries, but perhaps some of it is still useful.
I’ve tagged most articles with keywords, giving a rough index into the articles. The four most useful topics here are probably the ones I know best: bicycles, the land use/transportation link, parking and streets. The number after each topic is a rough estimate of the number of entries on that topic.
My database is in the fairly common BibTeX format, but I haven’t found any good web-based tools for searching these databases; I’d recommend downloading the BibTeX source and searching it with other software.
A few authors who have been influential on my thinking:
- Jane Jacobs
- Robert Cervero (of U.C. Berkeley)
- Eric Miller (of the University of Toronto)
- Lawrence (Larry) Frank (of the University of British Columbia)
- Peter Newman and Jeffrey Kenworthy (of Murdoch University in Perth)
- Todd Litman (of the Victoria Transport Policy Institute)
- Pierre Filion (of the University of Waterloo)
- Phil Goodwin (of University College London)
- Hugh McClintock (of the University of Nottingham)