Thank you for using the Greater Toronto Area Transit map. This is a hobby project by David Pritchard, pulling together information from various public sources to present it in a more useful digital form.
- Red overlay lines – TTC subway / Scarborough RT
- Green overlay lines – GO train and train-bus services
- Blue overlay lines – VIVA all-day services
- Backdrop – operator maps for each local transit service. See their maps for details on understanding,
The maps shown are current as of December 2015. See the operators below for the latest maps.
- Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) map
- GO Transit map
- York Region Transit (YRT) and VIVA map
- MiWay (a.k.a. Mississauga Transit) map
- Brampton Transit and Züm map
- Durham Region Transit (DRT) maps
- Oakville Transit map
- Burlington Transit map
- Hamilton Street Railway Company (HSR) map
- Milton Transit
Do you work for one of these transit operators? This map could be much more useful if I could get simplified versions of the maps that omit the underlying street grid and show only the transit features. Contact me (e-mail drpritch at gmail) if you can provide better maps.
Version 2.0 of the map is a simpler and faster version with no local transit bus data, only rapid transit services.
Google Earth-friendly versions of the map data are also available for TTC subways [KML], VIVA [KML] and GO rail [KML]
More details and discussion of the origins and work on this map can be found in my blog posts.